We had a great time meeting at Anne's the night before the Ovations Ovarian Cancer Symposium on Saturday.
Our group came from ME, VT and all parts of MA. We had a wonderful meal - everyone brought great food and we got to sample some fabulous dishes from Kuwait made by Batoul.
And did you know that our Sue made a delicious Chocolate Raspberry DreamTorte that knocked our socks off. So if you're interested in trying your hand at baking this, Sue has graciously made the recipe available to us. By the way Sue, how did you make out the next day in your cooking challenge? I hope you won top award for this dessert!!!
Chocolate Raspberry Dream Torte
- 1 pkg devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam,
- 1 cup raspberries
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour Torte Pans; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally between pans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange zest; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer well-side up onto serving platter. Spread half of the filling over cake layer. Place raspberry jam in microwave safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 10-20 seconds or until warm; whisk until smooth. Drizzle/spread 1/2 the jam over filling. Stack remaining cake layer on top of first, well-side up; spread with remaining filling. arrange raspberries over filling; drizzle with remaining jam