· Blend nuts in a food processor.
· Add remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until you get a smooth mixture.
· Roll into little balls and store in the fridge or freezer.
This can be doubled and stored in the freezer (I put them on wax paper in a pyrex container)
Here's a variation on this from the cookbook, "Deliciously Ella" by Ella Woodward
2 cups of raw almonds (or cashews or peanuts or even assorted raw nuts)
20 pitted Mejool dates (I buy them w/pits and then take them out b/c I find that the pitted ones are drier. The more sticky they are, the better the mixture holds together.)
3 TB of cacao powder (not coco powder b/c of it contains sugar)
- Blend nuts in a food processor
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well
- Spread into a rectangular, freezer proof dish, then place in the freezer for an hour.
Cut into brownie-sized pieces and enjoy!
ps - I keep my "brownies" in the freezer or the refrigerator rather store them at room temp.